Peter B. Lewis Science Library, Princeton University, 2013
Lewis Library was made possible through a generous gift by Peter B. Lewis, Princeton Class of 1955 and University trustee, and was designed by internationally acclaimed architect Frank Gehry. This bold facility, in the heart of Princeton University’s “science neighborhood,” provides soaring, colorful spaces where students, scientists and faculty can interact and share ideas.
This 87,000 square-foot library, designed by architect Frank Gehry, serves researchers and provides facilities that take into account the revolutionary changes in scholarly publishing over recent years. It also serves the needs of students better than the current patchwork of small, discipline-specific science libraries.